Incentives and Benefits of Vanpooling
The Federal government has recently made changes to the Internal Revenue Code, which can benefit employers and employees who participate in vanpooling. These changes, commonly referred to as Commuter Choice Initiative, allow employers to offer a tax-free fringe benefit to employees using qualified commute options. Vanpooling qualifies for this benefit.
Vanpooling offers many benefits including:
• FREE enrollment in the Emergency Ride Home Program (ERH).
• Save money on your monthly commuting costs.
• Reduce wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
• Ease the daily grind and stress of traffic congestion.
• Turn commuting time into productive time to read, catch up on work, or sleep.
• Make new friends with fellow vanpool riders.
• Contribute to improving our environment.
If you are interested in starting a vanpool, our program makes it a snap! You will enjoy peace of mind knowing that TBARTA Commuter Vanpool will help you every step of the way by working with you to:
• Form your vanpool group.
• Set a start date and create a time line to get your vanpool on the road.
• Estimate your monthly vanpool expenses.
• Confirm the route, the start date, collect your payment and… Go!
Whether you are working to form a new vanpool group, or are already on the road commuting with us, we are never more than a phone call away. It's our passion, and nobody does it better than we do!