TBARTA Commuter Services
Overview of Services
- CARPOOLING: Two or more people sharing the ride to and from work, school or other activities (and yes, spouses count)!
- VANPOOLING: A group of five or more people regularly sharing the ride to and from work each week. There is a fee to participate, based on the monthly distance traveled; participants share the monthly cost of the vehicle plus gas, tolls and parking expenses where applicable.
- BIKE BUDDY: Want to bicycle to work, but don't want to do it alone? We can help.
- RIDE THE BUS: Take reading materials with you; it'll be time well spent, as well as money and gas saved. Find your local transit agency on our Partners page.
- TELEWORK: How would you like to go to work and not even leave your house? Try teleworking.
- COMPRESSED/FLEXIBLE WORK WEEKS: Ask your employer about compressed work weeks (working 5 days in 4, for example) and/or flexible work hours.
- PLAN AHEAD: Plan your weekly schedules so as not to duplicate trips. Check for the most fuel efficient routes to regular places you visit.
- EMERGENCY RIDE HOME: TBARTA offers a free* taxi ride from work to home to registered participants who use a commute option other than driving alone at least two days per week.
*certain restrictions apply