Employer Programs & Services
A partnership with TBARTA can
help employers save money by eliminating transportation-related
problems that employees may have. By working with company employees
to help them set up carpools and vanpools, TBARTA can help employers
- Recruit qualified employees
- Retain employees, especially in the wake
of a company move
- Cope with limited parking spaces
- Save money by offering tax incentives
- Ease relocation difficulties
- Receive publicity for taking care of your
How We Work With Employers
works with employers and their employees in many ways, all under
the general program title of Employee Commute Assistance (ECA).
There is a wide range of possible activities that a work site can
use to promote commute alternatives, many of which TBARTA will perform
at no charge.
Our staff will facilitate surveys of your employees at no charge
to determine their interest in commute options. They will determine
the best way to communicate the commute options program to employees
at the work site.
Employee Commute Assistance Program
The (ECA) Program encourages use of the bus, vanpooling, carpooling,
biking, walking, teleworking and alternative work hour programs
in commuting to and from work.
Range of Possible Activities:
1. Sharing Information with Employees
- Pass on information several times per
Transportation displays in lobbies, cafeterias
Presentations by TBARTA to employees during work
Distribute the TBARTA E-News
- Establish transportation bulletin boards
in visible locations to explain commute options, Emergency Ride
Home program, advertise carpools and vanpools seeking riders
- Commuter Challenges
- Provide commute information (TBARTA New
Hire Packet) to all new employees at orientation
2. External Marketing to Customers
- Include alternative transportation information
in customer bills
3. Facilities Related
- Dedicate parking for carpools and vanpools
- Install bike racks
- Provide shower facilities for bicyclists
- LEED Certification - We can help you get four more points.
4. Upper Management Support
- CEO sets example by using a commute option
during Commute Challenges or at other times
- Allow TBARTA to make presentation to department
heads to explain programs
/memo from management supporting Commute Options
- Subsidize transit and vanpool fares (tax-free)
or allow employees to use pre-tax dollars to purchase passes
- Offer incentives such as time off, gift
5. First Steps
- Appoint a contact person
- Complete a Company Profile
- Determine your company's level of commitment
to the ECA program (which programs you want to promote, and means
COMMUTER CHOICE - Commuter Tax Benefit Program
LIABILITY CONCERNS? - Get the answer here.
What's your next step?
Find out how using commute options (carpool, vanpool, telework, walk, bicycle and variable work hours) can help your employees save money on gas and vehicle costs and have a less stressful work commute. Also, become a stronger community partner by helping to reduce traffic congestion and improve the impact to the environment for the Tampa Bay region.
Fill out the form below and we'll have one of our Marketing/Outreach Specialists contact you.